Membership is open to all NHS and Academic Physicians in General Medicine and its sub-specialties including associate specialists, specialist doctors and trainees. Associate membership is open to all Nurses & other Allied Health Professionals.
The present membership is around 500 and consists of current and retired physicians who are, or were, based in Scotland.
Membership benefits include:
- Eligibility for attendance at the Society’s Annual General Meeting and Society Dinner, held in Autumn each year
- Members may bring registered guests to both the Society Meeting and the Dinner
- Eligibility for election to Committee
- Eligibility for Grants and Fellowships (dependent upon a successful application)
- Travelling Fellowships and sabbatical grants are available to Physicians working within a hospital setting in General Medicine or a related sub-speciality.
- Subscription to the Scottish Medical Journal
Candidates should complete a membership application form. The membership fee is currently £20 per annum; a standing order mandate will follow on acceptance of membership.
Membership applications will now be considered by Council at their quarterly Council Meetings.
Please return the completed application form to:
Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
Scottish Society of Physicians
9 Queen Street, Edinburgh EH2 1JQ
Tel: + 44 (0) 131 247 3687